Preventing and Reducing Youth Alcohol Use
Here are the facts:
- Parents who give alcohol to their teen’s friends under any circumstances, even in their own homes, are breaking the law.
- Parents who knowingly allow a person under 21 to remain in their home or on their property while consuming or possessing alcoholic beverages can be prosecuted and everything associated with such a violation can be confiscated, including personal property.
- Parents can be sued if they give alcohol to anyone under 21 and they in turn hurt someone, hurt themselves or damage property.
- Underage drinking can cause serious health and safety consequences.
- Host safe, alcohol-free activities for youth
- Refuse to supply alcohol to anyone under 21
- Be at home when your teen has a party
- Make sure your teenager’s friends do not bring alcohol into your home
- Talk to other parents about not providing alcohol at youth events
- Report underage drinking to law enforcement